Sunday, May 18, 2014

An experience that taught me what love meant and it’s not what I expected

The time came when we had to bid each other goodbye. That time I was heartbroken but felt relieved as well. “I’m free”, I thought to myself. I was traumatized with what happened during our time together and I started to doubt myself if the love I felt was real in the first place or was it merely an illusion. Months passed and I affirmed to myself that it was the best decision I made and that we weren’t really meant to be and it was really just an illusion.
I hated… got angry… then eventually I forgave you. And when I stopped looking at you through my angry eyes I saw what I saw back in the day when love was still pure and life was bliss. I saw in you the man who made me comfortable to just be me. I saw in you the man I fell in love with, who never wanted to see me hurt, who’d run straight to me when I got sick just to give me a bit of comfort. I saw in you the man who was there holding my hand when I was being rolled in the operating room to give birth to our baby and the same man who held my hand trying to be strong when I was rolled in the operating room again and telling me I can do it and to be strong when the doctors tried to fix my heart. That same man who made me feel secure and trembled more for my fears than I did but still tried to comfort me.
I learned through all of these that people do make mistakes and one mistake does not define the person. We need to get rid of our angry eyes and replace it with loving eyes then we’ll come to see the beauty of the people around us. I am glad this happened… God affirmed to me that I was indeed made for you. You who completed me and still completes me… The man who is ever so willing to win me back even knowing that he’d end up taking care of an aching and sick old lady when the time comes. It’s not yet time for us to be together, might take years before we could. But for now I can say, we are for each other. Oh what a love story we have. It’s one for the books!

“As long as two people really love each other, everything will just fall into place.”

0 comments: