Wednesday, May 7, 2014

What motherhood means to me


It means wanting more for her and less for me.
It means taking delight in watching her sleep and hearing her snore.
It means wanting to protect her even giving my life if needed be.
It means enjoying every little thing she does, every gift she gives- no matter how small, simple or even just imaginary.
It means wanting what’s best for her even if it pains me.
It means learning to say NO even if it makes her say I hate you mom, because I know I have to say NO.
It means leaving my work or other things I do when she says “Mom, please read me a story.”
It means whenever she gets emotional and cries, I too can’t help but cry with her.
It means saying sorry to her when I offend her or make mistakes so she too could learn it’s right to say sorry when you did something wrong.
It means wanting nothing but the best for her but still giving her her options because it’s her life I can only be her guide.
It means loving her, giving her all of me, making her my world even though I know someday she will choose to leave my side.
For me, motherhood is a job that is the most rewarding, most fulfilling, life changing and it’s also the most exhausting and most painful job in the world. If there’s one thing in the world I would never ever regret, it’s by choosing to be a mom.
I am a mom more than I am anything else.

0 comments: