Sunday, October 19, 2008

Popular- The TV Show



Well, I am quite stuck with the old TV series that I used to love back when I was in high school. Yep, I'm starting to feel what it's like to be getting a little older now. I remember how I used to tell my parents that they are so stuck in the 60's or 50's with the kinds of songs they want to listen but here I am, starting to feel the same. Guess I can't truly appreciate the kinds of shows being shown right now that I still look for the oldies but goodies shows that I watched religiously when I was still a teenager.

I LOOOVED watching Popular on Studio 23 before but for some reason they cut it off and the second season wasn't aired. Well, thanks to the internet, I now have my full 2 seasons of Popular the TV series on my PC and I watch it religiously. Oh my gosh! I feel like I can just die with pure bliss. I still find it so entertaining and it just makes me feel like a teenager who is a few pounds "underweight". Yep, "under" weight. LOL!

Anyway, since I'm up for a little recollection of my past, here's just some of the TV shows I used to watch back then. This is in order from my most favorite to the least.

1. Ally McBeal- who doesn't love Ally McBeal??? I still enjoy watching it on TV (replays) and I guess it's the next I'll download once I transferred all my videos on DVDs.

2. Dawson's Creek- Say what?!! Yup, I watched Dawson's Creek every Monday on Studio 23. It was just so addictive and I just can't allow myself to miss an episode!

3. Charmed- I still watch this on Velvet these days. I love Charmed but I stopped watching this when they cut off Prue. Guess she was really my favorite charmed one from the 3 although I know she have a not-so-good attitude in real life. I just love her character so much! Though I can more of relate to Phoebe than her. hihi!

4. Buffy the Vampire Slayer- Don't you just love to be like Buffy? So strong and so pretty and kicks vampires ass all the time and with that hot boyfriend to die for? This is such a great show and I am so glad they still show this on... err... forgot what that channel is... darn it, it's channel 41 in Bacolod so I only know it as "41" LOL!

5.The Simpsons- This was on RPN 9. I loved watching the Simpsons because I thought it was quite cool and funny. Now I think it's just way too violent and I really wouldn't allow my kids to watch it. I used to love it so much but I don't feel like watching it anymore.

6. Bubble Gang- I loved Bubble Gang when there were Gelli and Aiko on the cast. It was so much fun back then. One scene there that I really can't forget is when Aiko was crying and she said "ni-rape ako... ni-rape ako ng kalabaw... ni-rape ako ng kalabaw sa putikan" LOL!


Well, that's all I can think of right now. Gosh... I wish I could bring back those good old days again. Everything felt so simple back then. Don't we all just want to be stuck in our good ol' days sometimes?

0 comments: