Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Tribute to my Ninang Mila

My Ninang Mila died this morning due to cardiac arrest. It was very shocking as she only had fever and loose bowel movement yesterday. Was supposed to talk to her yesterday and apologize because my wedding won't push through. She was my "ninang sa binyag" and she was supposed to be one of my "ninang sa kasal" as well. A couple of nights ago she called me up and asked what happened. I explained to her and she said I can just go to her if I need any comfort or help. I appreciated it. She's the only ninang I had who gave me gifts every Christmas until I reached 18. I love my ninang Mila. I do. She lives just across our house and she's a very caring woman.

I didn't get enough rest the past days and this morning I was awakened by this shocking news. I feel sad... I loved my ninang Mila and now all of a sudden she's gone. If only I knew about her condition I would have asked them to bring her to the doctor yesterday when it was still not too late. All the what if's but, I didn't know any better. No one did. Maybe it's just really her time. It's sad that she even had her gown made in preparation for my wedding. Maybe now that's what she'll be wearing for her final resting place. I'm sad and very shocked. She's the closest person in my heart who died. And it's so sudden. And during this very hard ordeal in my life. Maybe she'll be my guardian angel. Maybe what she said to me, the last words she said to me, would remain true even until now. That maybe I can still go to her if I need comfort and when I need help... just maybe, she said those words for a reason. I dunno... maybe I am just being emotional here. I am just thankful that her death was swift... not too painful. I just feel bad for the husband though. They already accepted that he'd be the first to go since he is, well, dying. But, who would've thought she'd go first. Who would have thought?

My ninang Mila is like my second mother and I will forever remember her and will always have a place in my heart. She always had... she always will. Goodbye ninang... Have a happy journey back to our home...

0 comments: