Monday, February 2, 2009

And the point of this post is?

Well, as it turns out, I may not leave Bacolod after all. Although I still want to push for my plans but, with the way the economy is going right now I think that plan would have to be postponed or cancelled.

I've been pushing and pushing for things to happen to my life that they end up happening quite the opposite of what I wanted. It can be very disappointing but I believe it's because it's really not meant to be. I can't say it's because I believe I should leave everything to God. I mean, yeah I believe in Him but I don't think I should just let Him decide everything for me. If that's the case then there's really no point why He gave us brains, right? This is not a religious post, mind you. It's just that I get so disappointed in myself sometimes when I don't get what I wanted or planned but now I finally admit that it's time for me to take the back seat. I'll just let everything slide because people around me are getting dizzy with my on and off plans. I am quite dizzy too but it's just that I want to be practical before I take the plunge.

---

On another note, I just found out that Oprah Winfrey does not believe in God. I don't think she really is an atheist but more of, she worships herself. I can't actually debate with her belief because she has some points too that you can only depend on yourself and if you want anything, it's only you who can make it come true. I am actually agreeing to her in that sense but I don't think it's still right to worship yourself and reject the idea of onethat there is a God. I am just amazed that the most powerful woman in the world (based on my own opinion) actually does not believe in God and she gets a lot of respect from the society and she has a lot of money. Religious people would say, if you are not with God then you are nothing. Well, Oprah is not with God but she has everything so doesn't that just contradict what those religious people say? Of course I am not being sarcastic about religion here but then, I think I also have a point there. I just think that we really are the ones in control of our lives. If we fail and we feel miserable in our lives then it's only ourselves who are to be blamed. We make our own reality and if you're not happy with your life then you can't go and blame God for that 'coz it's you who made yourself that. Oprah believes that too and look at her now. She made herself that way that's why she is that. I think we should also learn from Oprah although I don't acknowledge the kind of religion she is trying to teach the society (although I know I sound like a believer already). The fact is I do believe in God and although I may be really angry at Him sometimes but I can not deny my faith in Him. Not an Oprah or any other person can make me do that.

---

I recently got this new idea for a business (again) and this time I am really thinking of trying it out too. After the detergent biz that actually was taken away from me, I now want to create my own brand of scents. Yes, I want to make scents... colognes, perfumes, etc. I am so fascinated by this because it may seem like a simple chemistry but the magic really comes in mixing the right scents to create a great and unique fragrance. I don't want to copy any fragrance because that will make my brand look cheap. I want to create my own new fragrances and sell them. I am so excited but I need a lot of money to put up this biz. I don't want to use cheap oils, I want the expensive ones! hehe! Oh well, wish me luck! I really want to start this new biz!


---

Been sick for 6 days now and I'm still counting. I don't know why I got this sick but I really hate this feeling. I can't do anything much as I easily get tired and I just want to rest. My throat hurts now and I'm still very dizzy. I just hope that I'll feel better soon. Gosh, I'm getting married in less than a month! I suddenly feel butterflies in my tummy. Whew! Hopefully I won't faint! heehee!

That's it for now. I wasn't able to post much the past month and I may not be able to post another blog entry any time soon so might as well post everything I can think of right now! ;)

1 comments:

Unknown said...

hmmm...I actually don't think that "Oprah doesn't believe that there is GOD". She believes that there is GOD only she doesn't believe that Jesus Christ is the only way to Salvation. She denounces that truth.

She believes in human effort. The common knowledge that "if we do good, we are already saved". But, the Bible says it clearly that we are not saved by good deeds but by faith alone.

You made a big point when you said, that even if Oprah doesn't believe Christ or she's not in Christ, she remains blessed. Therefore, she is justified in saying that it's her effort that brought her into that fame and wealth she's now enjoying. However, she missed one big truth -- if GOD didn't bless her with the gift of gab, all her efforts would still be futile. Without that gift from GOD, no matter how big the efforts she'd give, she won't achieve anything by pure effort.

Just like the struggles in our lives that we can't seem to get out from. No matter what effort is given, we just can't escape from it because we are simply incapable. There comes the reality of our dependence on our Creator. In fact, if it weren't for GOD, our existence won't even be possible at all.

(To add, the Bible says, GOD blesses good people and bad people alike. There's no bias. Just like a parent to his kids. He has a good child and a bad child but he provides for both them because both them are still his.)

You also made a big point in saying that GOD gave us brain and common sense and self-will etc. Why should we rely on HIM, then?

The only answer to that is, because "HE doesn't want us to be robots. HE did not create us to be HIS puppets. HE is a just GOD so, HE thought it's just right that HE gives us our freedom to choose." Are we going to believe that Jesus is our savior or not? ...it's up for us to make decisions.

Living to follow HIS will and relying on HIM don't mean we should just sit around and do nothing. It only means, we should align our will to HIS will. It's having a relationship with HIM.

Just like our relationship with our parents. They have plans for our lives. Say, this is what they want for us but it's all up to us to follow or not. But, the guidance is there. Now, if we choose to follow, or listen to their advice... our path to our destination will more likely be smoother. Yet, remember, even our parents have flaws. GOD doesn't. He is a perfect GOD. Therefore, HIS will for us is perfect. If we put our faith in HIM and follow HIM, our lives will be much better.

Why do we worry? Because we are uncertain of so many things. If we rely on ourselves, worrying will be part of our lives because we are uncertain of tomorrow and of our capabilities. Possibility of failure is there. Cause, even if we admit it or not, we know in ourselves that we have limitations and these limitations bring us to failure. So we keep on being anxious. But, living under GOD's grace, we need not worry because we do not rely on our own efforts anymore, thus, we don't expect failure. Only a promise of abundance.

Having a relationship with GOD is as simple as "having a relationship". We compromise with our parents, with our partners, with our friends. We open up, we cry to them, we rely on them. Since GOD is our Creator and our Provider, we can completely rely on HIM for what we want and need while we work on things that we can do.

Having a relationship...we also think of how the other person will feel if we do this or that. Same thing with GOD. We have our own will but if we have a relationship with HIM, we will also take into consideration HIS will for us. Pretty the same as your relationship with Alain. In everything, as much as possible, you consult him. That's just all that GOD wants us to do. And not that we be HIS puppet. This is just the rationale why HE gave us brain, self-will and common sense.

If you have questions dear, keep raising them to me. And I will take time to enlighten you. And please keep your communication line open to GOD. HE will give you answers.