Friday, August 22, 2008

Friendship needs TLC

Went to Calea with Boo yesterday. Gosh... it's been like 2 years since Boo and I had a chance to get together and talk about anything. It felt as if we've never been apart though and we had a blast. We only had 1 1/2 hours to spend together so we packed it with laughter talking about our lives and about our friends. She can't believe when I flexed my arms. Woohoo! I have muscles! And she said I'm smaller than how I was when she last saw me. Woohoo!

It was fun. Geez, I miss having girlfriends. You see, all my friends have left Bacolod and I'm the only one who stayed. I missed Boo and I'm just so happy she was here. It's amazing that despite the distance and lack of time for each other, we still manage to nurture our friendship. I believe it's important to keep the friendship alive. You don't need to always keep in touch but when you do get to keep in touch, you nourish the friendship as much as you can so it would still be there no matter what. Unfortunately, I don't get to keep all my friends. I lost a lot of them and some did not even survive its first year. It's sad but that's just life. I don't believe in one-way friendships. It won't work so I would rather not waste more time with these people. I am happy with the friends that I have, friends that truly care about keeping the friendship alive.

I miss my girlfriends. Boo, Gucci, and Toy. Hihi! That's how we call them and they call me pre, short for kapre. LOL!




5 comments:

PaperTiger said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
PaperTiger said...

Hi.

You're lucky there are true friends surrounding you. You shouldn't be feeling alone, anymore.

Am not sure about one-way friendship. We all have different views. Yours will always be different from mine and it's natural.

Friendship has lotsa meaning...depends on how people define/describe it. I dunno what my own definition of friendship is but guess am used to one-way friendship. The type when you care so much to just be treated like a crap. Crap, in my own opinion in relation to FS, doesn't necessarily mean "when one is being taken for granted" or "when a friend failed to play his role as one". But, that kind of FS when friends do hurtful things to another when all you do is be nice to them.

I respect if I got you hurt when I had been too engrossed with my own busy life. Maybe, it's true you didn't need my prayers. You needed me to express to you how concerned I was. I don't blame you. And I won't explain my side. I won't say anymore complexities revolving around my persona. You're free to feel. You're free to reason. You're free to think whatever your logic deems correct.

All I want is for you to be happy and I know you are... with or without me. Will forever be glad because you have been part of my life.

lila said...

what??????

Anonymous said...

Hey Li! I like your blouse. You look very sexy on that one. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Li! I like your blouse. You look very sexy on that one. :)