Sunday, November 23, 2008

Pls help my family pray for dad's operation

Dad, my sister, my aunt, our maid and I will all be flying to Manila this Tuesday for dad's scheduled heart operation at the Philippine Heart Center. We are hoping that there would be a miracle and he won't need a surgery but if there's no miracle then dad will have to undergo a bypass surgery. It's a painful and dangerous surgery and I do ask for all your prayers that it will be successful and with zero complications. We will stay there for at least 3 weeks and I am hoping that we'll arrive in Bacolod with our dad being as healthy as ever.

Since my dad's heart attack our lives are simply not the same. Everything feels much harder now and we can feel the stress and tension in the air. Although we are being positive and trying to take things lightly but every now and then we just can't hide the tension and fear in one another. We have nothing to hold on to except our faith that God will see us through all these. God helped my dad when he had a heart attack where the doctors said they were amazed that dad survived it. They say usually people with that type of heart attack are DOA or dead on arrival but dad survived it and we are happy with that. Every moment we have with him is considered a blessing although every now and then I get so fed up with him because he is sooooo stubborn! Hey, I guess that means I got that part of me from my dad??? LOL!

We love our dad and although I don't have an affectionate family and we don't even know what happens to each other's lives, but in times like this we start being a family again. It's weird really but emotions flow only when something bad happens and the strength of our bond as a family is tested. Glad we pulled it through and I am still hoping that everything will be okay. Please do pray for us. I can't imagine life without our dad... can't imagine what I'd feel when I'd lose a person that I love... But I am being positive although deep inside I am a bit scared for him. He will be facing the hardest battle of his life yet and all we can do is just support him. We can't help fight his battle to survive, all we can do is pray and ask for even more prayers because I know God will provide us what we need and God makes miracles and God is the Ultimate Healer.

Please do pray for my dad. My family will deeply appreciate it.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I know how it feels. My dad just went two head surgeries this november and right now, he is recovering THANK GOD. I know, your Dad will get through this. JUST KEEP YOUR FAITH.

MY PRAYERS FOR OUR DADDIES!! :)

GOD BLESS!! :)